Stroke is a medical emergency. Every second counts, because time lost is brain lost! Know these stroke warning signs and teach them to others.
- Sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm or leg, especially on one side of the body.
- Sudden confusion, trouble speaking or understanding.
- sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes.
- Sudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination.
- Sudden, severe headache with no known cause.
If you or someone with you has one or more of these signs, don't delay! Immediately call 911 so an ambulance - ideally one with advanced life support - can be sent for you. also, check the time so you'll know when the first symptoms appeared. It's very important to take immediate action. If given within three hours of the start of symptoms, a clot-busting drug can reduce long-term disability for the most common type of stroke.