Official Website for Lincoln County, Nevada

www.lincolncountynv.org

Lincoln County Home Page > Meetings > Lincoln County Fire Protection District Trustees Meeting Minutes

PROCEEDINGS OF THE BOARD OF LINCOLN COUNTY FIRE PROTECTION DISTRICT TRUSTEES, IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF LINCOLN, STATE OF NEVADA

January 20, 2009

#1-CALL TO ORDER/ROLL CALL

The Board met in regular session with Chairman Paul Mathews calling the meeting to order at 10:53. Clerk Lisa Lloyd called the roll with Trustees Tommy Rowe, Paul Mathews, Ronda Hornbeck, and Bill Lloyd being present. There is a quorum and the agenda was posted on 1-13-09 to comply with the open meeting law. Fire Chief Rick Stever is present.

#2-FIRE CHIEF UPDATE

Rick has been working on getting a formal agreement in place for support from the existing fire districts. There is a verbal agreement in place and the fire districts will respond to fire situations as they have been. At some point, the LCFPD will be able to reimburse for loss of equipment and costs to respond. The DA’s office is drafting a mutual aid agreement. Wendy Rudder advised that Pahranagat Valley Fire District (PVF) responds mostly to accidents with an ambulance. Will PVF be reimbursed for EMS? Ronda advised that this is a fire
district only and isn’t associated with EMS. Wendy further advised that 318s and 474s are authorized for EMS. Wendy said that PVF gets paid unless the victim doesn’t have insurance. PVF has a collection agency and returns are about 50%. The Board will have to consider what they want to incorporate in the development of the district. Rick will contact all of the people in the outlying areas and it would be helpful if there was a way to make the contacts; Rick advised that a vehicle is necessary. Rick has already been approached by several citizens in the area, questions including when they will receive a truck and when training will be provided. Paul stated that a county motor pool needs to be addressed during the coming budget session. There is an opportunity to share with another department that has a concern about hauling material/supplies.

#3-TAX RATE

John Lovelady advised that Clint Wertz, Melanie McBride, Rick and he have been working on this. Ronda met with Melanie and Leslie Boucher concerning the establishment of three levels of taxation to see what can be brought in for this department. A budget may have to be created and submitted to the Department of Taxation, who will, in turn, tell the county what rate to set and what to do. Ronda would much rather set the budget and tax rate ourselves then submit it to Department of Taxation. This rate must be established by the time taxes are set. This item is tabled to the next meeting as it continues to be vetted.

#4-AGREEMENTS WITH OTHER FIRE DISTRICTS

This item is addressed under #2. Rick will meet with the other fire chiefs, who are trying to standardize a charge for equipment reimbursement.

#5-PUBLIC COMMENT

Ronda cited that the each of them as board members will be encouraged to take some of the classes. Rick will get the names of the classes and associated information to each of the board members.

#6-ADJOURN

There being no further business for the Board to attend to, Ronda made a motion adjourn the meeting at 11:08; seconded by Tommy. All voted in favor.

Attest: ____________________________________
Approve:________________________________________



About Us | Site Map | Web Site Policy Statements | Contact Webmaster| Web site by JC Enterprises