Planning and Zoning Department
LINCOLN COUNTY PLANNING COMMISSION
PO Box 329, Pioche, NV 89043
Phone 775-962-8071, Fax 775-962-5347
Agenda for January 8, 2015
Lincoln County Court House
1. Roll Call, Open Meeting Law:
2. *Minutes approval or denial/corrections from November 13th, 2014.
3. Public Comment: No action will be taken on any items discussed in public and board comment, but items may be placed on a future agenda for action. All public comment will be limited to 5 minutes per individual.
4. *For Possible Action: Zone Change Application for N. Peter Horlacher on APN # 012-110-44 from A-2 (Agriculture-20 acres) to C-2 (General Commercial). The parcel is located approximately 1 mile north of the Junction of US 93 and SR 319 near Panaca.
5. *For Possible Action: Special Use Permit Application for U. S. Rare Earth Minerals on APN – 012-120-20. The proposed use is located approximately one mile north of Panaca, adjacent to Panaca Springs Road. USREM will commence in a small scale mining operation of Montmorillonite clay deposits. The zoning on the subject parcel is A4.
6. Discussion Item: Update on Special Use Permit # - 14-004-SUP for Thomas & Nicole Gutierrez on APN # - 008-360-31.
7. *For Possible Action: Proposed amendments regarding energy development to the Lincoln County Master Plan and the Lincoln County Public Lands Policy Plan. The amendments are pursuant to NRS 278.150-170 and include designation of aboveground utility corridors, policy updates on energy development and other matters related thereto.
8. Department Update: May include but not limited to: meetings attended, actions taken, contacts made, project status, future needs arising since last meeting and other relevant information for the Commission.
9. Public Comment: No action will be taken on any items discussed in public and board comment, but items may be placed on a future agenda for action, all public comment will be limited to 5 minutes per individual.
AFFIDAVIT OF POSTING
STATE OF NEVADA )
COUNTY OF LINCOLN )
I, Melissa J. Free Administrative Assistant for Lincoln County Planning Department, say that on January 2nd, 2015, I posted a copy of this agenda at the Lincoln County Courthouse and the Pioche Post Office. I also faxed a copy of said agenda to the Caliente City Hall, Alamo Annex, Panaca Post Office, Little A’Le’Inn (Rachel) and Eagle Valley Resort (Ursine area) for posting.
* Denotes an action item. Items may be taken out of order, combined for consideration by the public body, any item may be pulled or removed from this agenda at any time and reasonable restrictions on time, place, and manner of public comment and notice that comment based on viewpoint may not be restricted. Accommodations for the handicapped may be made by calling the Planning Office at 775-962-8071 in advance so that arrangements may be made.