Planning and Zoning Department
LINCOLN COUNTY PLANNING COMMISSION
PO Box 329, Pioche, NV 89043
Phone 775-962-5345, Fax 775-962-5347
Agenda for August 14, 2008, 6:30 P.M. Meeting
Lincoln County Court House, Pioche, Nevada
1. Roll Call, Open Meeting Law:
2. *Minutes approval or denial/corrections for July 10, 2008.
3. *Discussion/Action Item: Special Use Permit for Toreson Industries, Inc. for a Medium Security Private Prison housing up to 2,000 inmates located 4 miles West of Rachel, NV in a portion of the Lincoln Estates Subdivision, which consists of Unit #4, block 6, lots 1-16, block 7, lots 1-16, block 8, lots 1-16 and Unit #3, block 1, lots 1-16, block 2, lots 1-16, block 3, lots 1-16, block 4, lots 1-16, block 5, lots 1-16, block 6, lots 1-16 and block 7, lots 1-16. Current zoning is heavy manufacturing and is comprised of approximately 100 acres.
4. *Discussion/Action Item: Vacation/Abandonment for Alamo Power & Pahranagat Valley Federal Credit Union to abandon a portion of 2nd North Ave. adjacent to APN #’s 004-011-15, 004-011-14, 004-042-20 & 004-042-19 located in the town of Alamo. The item was previously approved by Lincoln County in 2005.
5. *Discussion/Action Item: Parcel Map for Miller, Douglas to create 2 parcels located in Hiko
off from SR 318 at MP5. (APN #011-070-35)
6. *Discussion/Action Item: Recommendation to the Board of County Commissioners to request technical assistance from the Nevada Division of State Lands and to provide for funding for an update to the Lincoln County Public Lands Plan of 1996 of up to $10,000 to cover associated costs. Discussion of public land planning by Skip Canfield of the Nevada Division of State Lands.
7. *Discussion/Action Item: Subsequent Parcel Map for Ferris, Joanne/United Land & Cattle
Company to create 2 parcels located North of Alamo off from US HWY 93 at MP 41. (APN
8. *Discussion/Action Item: Recommendation to the Board of County Commissioners for
Ratification of the Lincoln County Zoning Map.
9. *Discussion/Action Item: Recommendation to the Board of County Commissioners for
Planning Department Rate Fee Schedule Revisions.
10. *Discussion/Action Item: Recommendation to the Board of County Commissioners for a
resolution by the Town of Alamo to annex lands comprised of Parcels A, B, C and D known
as the Alamo Industrial Park lands.
11. *Discussion/Action Item: Request to the Board of County Commissioners for costs covering
survey work by Summit Engineering (County Surveyor) for the Town of Alamo annexation map and for the 2nd Street North Record of Survey.
12. Department Update:
13. Public Comment: No action will be taken on any items discussed in public and board
comment, but items may be placed on a following agenda for action.
14. *Set date and time for next meeting.
AFFIDAVIT OF POSTING
STATE OF NEVADA )
COUNTY OF LINCOLN )
I, Dawne Combs, Planning Coordinator for Lincoln County Planning Department, says that on
August 5, 2008, I posted a copy of this agenda at the Lincoln County Court House and the Pioche
Post Office. I also faxed a copy of said agenda to the Panaca Post Office, Caliente City Hall, and
Alamo Annex for posting. This agenda will also be posted on the Lincoln County Website at the
following address: http://www.lincolncountynv.org/planning/meetings.htm
Items may be taken out of order. Accommodations for the handicapped may be made by calling
the Planning Office at 775-962-5345 in advance so that arrangements may be made.