Planning and Zoning Department
LINCOLN COUNTY PLANNING COMMISSION
PO Box 329, Pioche, NV 89043
Phone 775-962-5345, Fax 775-962-5347
Agenda for February 12, 2009 6:30 P.M. Meeting
Lincoln County Court House, Pioche, Nevada
1. Roll Call, Open Meeting Law:
2. *Minutes approval or denial/corrections for January 15, 2009.
3. *Discussion/Action Item: Continuance of Special Use Permit hearing for Great Basin Transmission, LLC for a 500 KV overhead electrical transmission line and ancillary facilities, starting at the North Lincoln County line and extending 110 miles south to the Clark County line. Zoning along the corridor is primarily A-5 (Agriculture) with small portions of Industrial and Residential lands. The Master Plan designation along most of the corridor is Public. The project will enter Lincoln County east of MP 6 on Hwy 318 (Nye County) and traverse Cave Valley, Muleshoe Valley, Dry Lake Valley, Delamar Valley and Coyote Springs Valley into Clark County.
4. Department Update/Review:
a. Review of planning department work plan and staffing levels.
b. Public Land Use Plan and Open Space Plan efforts.
c. GIS Planning and database server development and installation.
d. Model development Agreement development with Mark White
e. Staffing Plan proposal
f. Tischler Bise Fiscal Impact Studies
5. Discussion/Action: Review of Planning Department Budget
6. Public Comment: No action will be taken on any items discussed in public and board
comment, but items may be placed on a following agenda for action.
7. *Set date and time for next meeting.
AFFIDAVIT OF POSTING
STATE OF NEVADA )
COUNTY OF LINCOLN )
I, Dawne Combs, Planning Coordinator for Lincoln County Planning Department, says that on February 4, 2009, I posted a copy of this agenda at the Lincoln County Court House and the Pioche Post Office. I also faxed a copy of said agenda to the Panaca Post Office, Caliente City Hall, Alamo Annex, and Little A’Le”Inn (Rachel) for posting.
This agenda will also be posted on the Lincoln County Website at the following address: http://www.lincolncountynv.org/planning/meetings.htm
Items may be taken out of order. Accommodations for the handicapped may be made by calling the Planning Office at 775-962-5345 in advance so that arrangements may be made.