Planning and Zoning Department
LINCOLN COUNTY PLANNING COMMISSION
PO Box 329, Pioche, NV 89043
Phone 775-962-5345, Fax 775-962-5347
Minutes for June 11, 2009 6:30 P.M. Meeting
Lincoln County Court House, Pioche, Nevada
1. Roll Call, Open Meeting Law: The Board met in regular session with Chairman Varlin Higbee calling the meeting to order at 6:35 P.M. Planning Coordinator Dawne Combs called the roll with commissioners Steve Combs, Ross Stirling, Kaye Medlin, Varlin Higbee, Glennon Zelch and Spencer Gray being present. Sue Austgen is absent. There is a quorum and the agenda was posted on June 4, 2009.
2. Minutes approval or denial/corrections for April 14, 2009 & May 14, 2009: Motion made by Varlin Higbee to approve the minutes for April 14, 2009, seconded by Steve Combs, motion carried by all in attendance, Glennon Zelch & Spencer Gray abstain. Motion made by Glennon Zelch to approve the minutes for May 14, 2009, seconded by Spencer Gray, motion carried by all in attendance, Ross Stirling abstains.
3. Discussion/Action Item: Recommendation to the Board of County Commissioners for the Model Development Agreement developed by White & Smith.
Clint presents the Draft Model Development Agreement that White & Smith have been preparing for the County. There is discussion between the Board members and Clint concerning the model DA and some recommendations of what should be in the model DA and the expansion of some language within the model DA. There is some conversation concerning the DA’s that were done for Toquop and that they were based off from the Coyote Springs DA. Glennon asks Clint if Coyote Springs will be coming in to update their DA, Clint explains that they will need to reopen the agreement for the proposed solar project. Ross asks if this would be the opportunity to ask for the facilities at Coyote Springs, Clint states that it would be. Clint explains that the idea of the model DA is so the County can hand it to the applicant when they come in to start the DA process and it gives them a basis to start with. The Board & Clint go through the model DA and do the additions & deletions of the draft. The Board takes a break @ 8:18 P.M. Meeting is back in session @ 8:27 P.M. Glennon makes a motion to approve with staff changes to recommend accepting the model DA to the Board of County Commissioners, seconded by Kaye Medlin, motion carried by all in attendance. 8:47 P.M.
4. Discussion/Action Item: Recommendation to the Board of County Commissioners to lower the PlanningCommissioners Stipend for the fiscal year 2009/2010.
Clint presents to the Board that due to budget constraints the Board of County Commissioners had requested each department to reduce their service & supplies budget by 10%, so we are requesting that the Planning Commissioners reduce their stipend amount to $60.00 per meeting. After some discussion between the Board members, Clint & Dawne Steve makes a motion to recommend to the Board of County Commissioners to reduce the Planning Commissioners stipend to $60.00 per meeting for the fiscal year 2009-2010 only, seconded by Spencer Gray, motion carried by all in attendance. 9:10 P.M.
5. Department Update: Clint states that there will be a tentative meeting with an Engineering company, Brightsource and the County concerning the solar facility that is being proposed at Coyote Springs. He is asking that 2 of the Planning Commissioners attend the meeting, Steve & Glennon will attend the meeting.
Clint explained to the Board that the planning department has been having some problems concerning the map applications; he updated the Board on the new process we will be following in the future. Clint updates the Board on the new GIS server and the new application that will be on the server for the sheriff’s department. Clint updates the Board on the addressing and the process that is going on with the postal service. He also updates the Board on the Census projects happening.
6. Public Comment: No action will be taken on any items discussed in public and board comment, but items may be placed on a following agenda for action.
Varlin states that a citizen in Alamo spoke to him concerning a land locked parcel located in the Alamo area and that they would be bringing it to the Planning Commission. Clint states that the planning department is aware of this situation and that we have already done some research on this property.
7. Set date and time for next meeting: July 9, 2009 @ 6:30 P.M.
8. Adjourn: Ross Stirling makes a motion to adjourn, seconded by Kaye Medlin, motion carried by all in attendance. 9:35 P.M.