Planning and Zoning Department
LINCOLN COUNTY PLANNING COMMISSION
PO Box 329, Pioche, NV 89043
Phone 775-962-5345, Fax 775-962-5347
Agenda for July 15, 2010
1. Roll Call, Open Meeting Law:
2. *Minutes approval or denial/corrections for June 10, 2010:
3. *Discussion/Action Item: Special Use Permit for Talk Radio of Pahrump, Inc. (Harvey Caplan) has requested a Special Use Permit for a 55 foot amateur radio station tower on Parcel #011-192-04, located North of the Town of Alamo at the corner of Alamo West Road and Bar X Bar Road.
4. *Discussion/Action Item: BLT Lincoln County Land, LLC/Toquop Energy, LLC has requested an amendment to Lincoln County Code, Title 14 (Toquop Planning Area-Planned Unit Development) to amend definitions, use tables, development standards, and other related sections to allow for renewable energy development in the Toquop Planning Area.
5. *Discussion/Action Item: Special Use Permit for NV Energy for a 500 KV overhead electrical transmission line and ancillary facilities (communications and regeneration facilities), starting at the North Lincoln County line and extending 110 miles south to the Clark County line. Zoning along the corridor is primarily A-5 (Agriculture). The project will enter Lincoln County east of MP 6 on Hwy 318 (Nye County) and traverse Cave Valley, Muleshoe Valley, Dry Lake Valley, Delamar Valley and Coyote Springs Valley.
6. *Discussion/Action Item: Amendment to the Lincoln County Code, Title 12, (Flood Damage Prevention) to update County standards and maps related to Lincoln County’s National Flood Insurance Program. Updates are being required by FEMA for the County’s continued participation in the program.
7. *Discussion/Action Item: Review of Community Lands Plan (Open Space Plan) for Lincoln County and a recommendation to the Board of Commissioners for final action. Plan will address future policies related to land disposals and park lands from the Lincoln County Conservation, Recreation and Development Act of 2004 and future conservation and management efforts related to community parks, trails and open space.
8. Department Update: May include but not limited to: meetings attended, actions taken, contacts made, project status, future needs arising since last meeting and other relevant information for the Commission.
9. Public Comment: No action will be taken on any items discussed in public and board comment, but items may be placed on a following agenda for action.
10.Set date and time for next meeting:
AFFIDAVIT OF POSTING
STATE OF NEVADA )
COUNTY OF LINCOLN )
I, Dawne Combs, Planning Coordinator for Lincoln County Planning Department, says that on June 30, 2010, I posted a copy of this agenda at the Lincoln County Court House and the Pioche Post Office. I also faxed a copy of said agenda to the Caliente City Hall, Alamo Annex, Panaca Post Office, Little A’Le”Inn (Rachel) and Eagle Valley Resort (Ursine area) for posting.
*Denotes action item
Items may be taken out of order. Accommodations for the handicapped may be made by calling the Planning Office at 775-962-5345 in advance so that arrangements may be made.