Planning and Zoning Department
LINCOLN COUNTY PLANNING COMMISSION
PO Box 329, Pioche, NV 89043
Phone 775-962-5345, Fax 775-962-5347
Agenda for November 14, 2013
Lincoln County Court House
1. Roll Call, Open Meeting Law:
2. *Minutes approval or denial/corrections for: October 10th, 2013 meeting.
3. Public Comment: No action will be taken on any items discussed in public and board comment, but items may be placed on a future agenda for action. All public comment will be limited to 5 minutes per individual.
4. *For Possible Action: Zone Change Application for Grassy Knoll Development, LLC from A-4 (Agriculture – 20 Acres) to C-1 (Local Commercial); APN# 008-291-25 located approximately 2.25 miles south of the town of Alamo at the Buckhorn Ranch on Buckhorn Road. Parceling off approximately 2 acres for Commercial use.
5. *For Possible Action: Special Use Permit for Vidler Water Company. Vidler Water Company is proposing to lease Vidler’s Dry Lake Valley property for construction of a Solar Power Project. On private property the facilities consist of the installation of a solar generation facility and a substation. In addition, a 69 kV power line extension is proposed on public land. The proposed line extension would be tied to the existing 69 kV transmission line owned by Lincoln County Power District. The project will take place on APN #’s 012-010-02 & 012-010-03. The property is located in the Dry Lake Valley, where the Ely Springs Crossover Road and Simpson Road come together.
6. *Discussion Item: Patty Long and other concerned residents from Wild Horse Mesa/Highland Knolls area regarding junk yards.
7. Department Update: May include but not limited to: meetings attended, actions taken, contacts made, project status, future needs arising since last meeting and other relevant information for the Commission.
8. Public Comment: No action will be taken on any items discussed in public and board comment, but items may be placed on a future agenda for action, all public comment will be limited to 5 minutes per individual.
AFFIDAVIT OF POSTING
STATE OF NEVADA )
COUNTY OF LINCOLN )
I, Melissa J. Free Administrative Assistant for Lincoln County Planning Department, say that on November 8th, 2013, I posted a copy of this agenda at the Lincoln County Courthouse and the Pioche Post Office. I also faxed a copy of said agenda to the Caliente City Hall, Alamo Annex, Panaca Post Office, Little A’Le’Inn (Rachel) and Eagle Valley Resort (Ursine area) for posting.
* Denotes an action item. Items may be taken out of order, combined for consideration by the public body, any item may be pulled or removed from this agenda at any time and reasonable restrictions on time, place, and manner of public comment and notice that comment based on viewpoint may not be restricted. Accommodations for the handicapped may be made by calling the Planning Office at 775-962-5165 in advance so that arrangements may be made.