Victim/Witness Services Volunteer Advocates
Our mission is to provide assistance and accompaniment for victims and/or witnesses or violent crime throughout the criminal justice system process.
Trained advocates are ready to talk to victims or witnesses on the phone or meet in any safe and confidential place. We provide referral to resources as well.
To become an advocate you must;
- Maintain total confidentiality of the people we serve.
- Pass a criminal background check.
- Work easily with people of all ethnic, cultural, and economic backgrounds.
- Accompany people to attend a criminal proceeding, interviews with authorities and other agencies.
- Give appropriate referrals to clients based on their needs.