Lincoln County Water District
June 15, 2011
LINCOLN COUNTY WATER DISTRICT MEETING
TO BE HELD JUNE 15, 2011 at 10:00 AM
LINCOLN COUNTY COURTHOUSE
Action may be taken on items denoted with an asterisk*.
- * Call to order, open meeting compliance, roll call, prayer and pledge of allegiance.
- * Discussion/Action: Approve/Modify minutes from May 19, 2011, meeting.
- * Discussion/Action: Approval of vouchers paid on check dates june 6, and 20, 2011. (Invoices are available for public review at the Water District Office prior to the meeting).
- Discussion: Board and Staff member reports - May include but not limited to meetings attended, actions taken, agreements, projects status, fture needs arising since last meeting and other relevation information for the Board.
- Vidler Update
- * Discussion/Action: POOL/PACT proposal for coverage period July 1, 2011, to July 1, 2012.
- * Discussion/Action: Regarding July 2009 amended agreement between Lincoln County Water District (LCWD)/Vidler Water Company and Coyote Springs Investment (CSI) for purchase of water in Kane Springs Valley, Basin #206. Any action may, but is not limited to, actions which are allowed by this agreement.
- * Discussion/Action: Approval of LCWD Investing Policy.
- * Discussion/Action: Direction LCWD should take in relation to reimbursement to Lincoln County from the sale/lease of water rights.
- * Discussion/Action: Resolution 2011-01 - A resolution declaring the Coyote Springs General Improvement District as the preferred place of beneficial use for municipal water and/or water rights under the ownership, control, and/or management of the LCWD and located within the Delamar Valley, Basin 182, Dry Lake Valley, Basin #181, and/or Cave Valley, Basin #180, water basins.
- * Discussion/Action: Sending demand letter and notice of audit to the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) in response to BLM's denial of the LCWD's request for reimbursement for right-of-way processing costs as authorized by the Lincoln County Land Act (LCLA) of 2000 and the Lincoln County Conservation, Recreation and Development Act of 2004.
- * Discussion/Action: Amended Joint Litigation Strategy between the LCWD and Vidler Water Company covering litigation or potential litigation on the LCLA pipeline right-of-way and BLM's reimbursement dispute.
- * Discussion/Action: Letter to the SNWA identifying the location and use of water and/or water applications that Lincoln County is to receive pursuant to Lincoln County's 2003 Agreement with SNWA and Las Vegas Valley Water District from upcoming water hearings on Dry Lake Valley, Basin #181, Delamar Valley, Basin #182, Cave Valley, Basin #180, and Spring Valley, Basin #184.
- Public Comment and Discussion. Comments are limited to five (5) minutes. No action may be taken on a matter raised under this item of the agenda until the matter itself has been specifically included on an agenda as an item upon which action will be taken.
State of Nevada, County of Lincoln
AFFIDAVIT OF POSTING
I, Shannon Simpson, Administrative Assistant, Lincoln County Water District, posted this notice and agenda on June 9, 2011, at the following locations: Lincoln County Court House and Pioche Post Office, faxed to Panaca Post Office, Caliente City Hall and Alamo Annex and those requesting it.
/s/ Shannon M. Simpson
Note: Items with a designated time will be heard at that time, or as soon thereafter as the Board can accommodate it. All other items that do not have designated times will be heard at the discretion of the Board. Items may be taken out of the order presented on the agenda at the discretion of the chairperson.
If you wish to speak on any item on the agenda, you must sign-in with the secretary at the meeting. Reasonable effort will be made to assist and accomodate physically handicapped persons desiring to attend the meeting. Please call Wade Poulsen, General Manager, in advance so that arrangements may be conveniently made.
AFFIDAVIT OF POSTING
STATE OF NEVADA )
COUNTY OF LINCOLN )