Lincoln County Water District
181 Main Street, Suite 115
P.O. Box 206
Pioche, NV 89043
Notice of Public Meeting/Agenda
November 10, 2014
LINCOLN COUNTY WATER DISTRICT MEETING
TO BE HELD NOVEMBER 10, 2014
LINCOLN COUNTY COURTHOUSE
Action may be taken on items denoted with an asterisk*..
1. *Call to order, open meeting compliance, roll call, prayer and pledge of allegiance.
2. Public Comment and Discussion. Comments are limited to five (5) minutes. No action may be taken on a matter raised under this item of the agenda until the matter itself has been specifically included on an agenda as an item upon which action will be taken.
3. *Discussion/Possible Action: Approve/Modify minutes from the Lincoln County Water District (LCWD) September 15, 2014, meeting.
4. *Discussion/Possible Action: Approval of vouchers paid on check dates October 3 & 20, & November 10, 2014. (Invoices are available for public review at the LCWD Office prior to the meeting).
5. Discussion: Board and Staff member reports – May include but not limited to meetings attended, actions taken, agreements, projects status, future needs arising since last meeting and other relevant information for the Board.
6. Vidler Update.
7. *Discussion/Possible Action: Closing Full Analysis Business Checking account at Bank of America.
8. *Discussion/Possible Action: Moving investments back to Mellon BNY or another investment firm.
9. *Discussion/Possible Action: 2015 Nevada Water Resources Association (NWRA) Membership renewal.
10. *Discussion/Possible Action: Attendance of the 2015 NWRA Conference January 26 - 29, 2015, at the Peppermill Resort Spa & Casino in Reno, NV.
11. *Discussion/Possible Action: Start the process to impose tax rate for the Toquop Township area for the pipeline from the Tule Desert.
12. *Discussion/Possible Action: Direction/approval to begin the improvements of the LCWD office at the Panaca Town Center.
13. *Discussion/Possible Action: Public input on the draft Water Resources Plan.
Draft Water Resources Plan document (64 pages, pdf document)
14. *Discussion/Possible Action: To retain Hobbs/Ong & Associates, Inc. for a financial feasibility study for the Tule Desert pipeline. Study to include tax revenue, connection fees, and building trigger points.
15. *Discussion/Possible Action: For the LCWD to share costs with the Toquop Developers in the amount of $40,000.00, to assist the Virgin Valley Water District Nickel Creek Water Resource Study.
16. *Discussion/Possible Action: Submitting a letter to Senator Harry Reid’s Office and the Nevada Delegation protesting the withdrawal of the 805,100 acres in the Garden and Coal Valleys.
17. *Discussion/Possible Action: 2013-2014 LCWD Annual Audit Report presented by Daniel C. McArthur, Ltd.
18. Public Comment and Discussion. Comments are limited to five (5) minutes. No action may be taken on a matter raised under this item of the agenda until the matter itself has been specifically included on an agenda as an item upon which action will be taken.
State of Nevada, County of Lincoln
AFFIDAVIT OF"REVISED" POSTING
I, Shannon Simpson, Administrative Assistant, Lincoln County Water District, posted this notice and agenda on November 6, 2014, at the following locations: Lincoln County Court House and Pioche Post Office, faxed to Panaca Post Office, Caliente City Hall and Alamo Annex and those requesting it.
/s/ Shannon M. Simpson
Note: Items with a designated time will be heard at that time, or as soon thereafter as the Board can accommodate it. All other items that do not have designated times will be heard at the discretion of the Board. Items may be taken out of the order presented on the agenda at the discretion of the chairperson.
If you wish to speak on any item on the agenda, you must sign-in with the secretary at the meeting. Reasonable effort will be made to assist and accomodate physically handicapped persons desiring to attend the meeting. Please call Wade Poulsen, General Manager, in advance so that arrangements may be conveniently made.